Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week 2 - Feeling Dumber Than A Post






So, I'm starting to think this class is really a big pysch experiment where they strip down your self confidence and then reconstruct you from the ground up. Those of you who know me know that I hate not knowing what I'm doing, NOT a happy place for me. And, here I am.


On the upside, I feel fairly confident that I won't need to use the "green box" setting on my camera for too much longer. I am going to need to start brushing up on my photoshop skills though, because I can't seem to get exposure down with white balance and ISO all at the same time. I know, patience Daniel-San.
Here are a few from today. In an odd turn of events Julia wanted almost no part of this today and Devin was an almost willing participant. The blessing came in the form of some of our friends, adorable sisters Miss E and Miss C. Oh, and a guest shot from Zoey the Dog.

2 comments:

Bec Odell said...

You'll get the white balance thing. Deb used to screw it up too. I could post some of the early ones she took of my kids with funky colors - but that might not be good for business. :) (I'll e-mail them to you) It will get easier. And you can always convert the funky white balance ones to B&W.

Kelly H. said...

I'm hoping that once I learn how to shoot in RAW it will help me correct any bad wb mistakes I make. It will be cool to be able to manage a couple pieces at a time. Deb suggested I put it on auto WB for a while and forget about it. I think that's good advice.