Monday, April 21, 2008

For Katherine and Bruce

As I dilly dally in uploading the hoardes of photos I took on vacation in Florida I'll add this funny thing from tonight.

Getting Julia into bed, reading stories. She loves George and Martha (two hippos, think Babar look alikes). This one story was about Martha trying to walk a tightrope. Julia didn't get that this was a difficult thing to do. I tried to explain the need for balance (strike one for me) and comfort with heights (a big strike 2 for me) and that finally started to sink in. She couldn't get over the fact that she was HOLDING something (the pole to balance), how easy could it get??

Well, after a satisfying discourse about tightropes she announced that she knew someone who could ride a unicycle. I said, I do too! I reminded her of the wedding we went to in Thailand and the bride and groom knew how to ride them - and play hockey!

Well, I wish I could have had a camera on her face, you would have thought I told her that Hannah Montana was downstairs waiting to take her shopping in a limo. Her mouth was wide open, matched only by her wide eyes and she said in her best cool 6 year old voice, "No WAY!"

Oh yeah, way. So Kath and Bruce, that one's for you!

1 comment:

Deb Hanna said...

too funny. for awhile they had a video of kath on the unicycle on their website and Jessica asked to watch it over and over and over. now if we could just get Kath or Bruce to look at our blogs....