Monday, June 30, 2008

Magic Wings






Hey - only a month behind now!! We went to Magic Wings in Mass. on 5/29 with Julia's class for a field trip. Best opportunity to combine photos with my love of butterflies.

Everyone wanted to have a butterfly land on them. I'm not usually very lucky in this regard, but I was hopeful. Julia was hopeful and then started to lose hope. I little boy from down the street was practically brushing them off he was getting landed on so frequently.

One cool thing is that one of the types of butterflies that Julia learned about was called...you guessed it...a "Julia" butterfly! It's the orange butterfly.

After the kids filed out for lunch I stole a quiet moment to walk around one more time. And guess what?? One landed on me. Now please be impressed with the fact that the shoulder you see is my own, and I took the picture. Try it sometime, it's quite humbling.

Julia thought it was cool that I had gotten lucky, even if she hadn't. It was a great field trip!

1 comment:

Bec Odell said...

Hey! You were in our neck of the woods! That's a hike for a field trip! Very fun though. My kids love it there. Totally freaks me out if the butterflies land on me though...