Sunday, June 29, 2008

Way Overdue Vow Renewal Photos






So, my sister and I, feeling very stealthy, planned a surprise (or "kamikazi" as we like to call it) vow renewal ceremony for my parent's 30th anniversary. (I like to say 30th a lot, b/c it makes people think I'm younger than I am...) We thought, heck we're all in Maine on Memorial Day weekend, why not then?


So, I found a Justice of the Peace online in York. I never actually spoke to him through the whole planning process. I had visions of the priest from "Princess Bride" showing up with "Wuv, what is wuv??" No such person appeared. Dan (HomstedBB in York) was a perfect delight. Even pretended to be a photographer as that was our "cover story". We told him we'd be wearing black and pink, and so did he!!


It was a wonderful day. We totally surprised them. They clutched onto each other like they did the first time, and it made us look and see what 30 years of thick and thin really looks like.


Congrats, Mom and Dad!!!!

1 comment:

Bec Odell said...

Now that is a family who knows how to color coordinate. I am in matchy-matchy bliss.... :) Best wishes for the next 30!