Friday, December 18, 2009

Stalkers


Yes, we're stalkers. The kids, my sister and I. I'm sure there's a 12 step program for it, but I don't care!! I got a very excited call from my sister one Wednesday in late September telling me that a TAPS van was parked outside Trader Joe's. TAPS stands for The Atlantic Paranormal Society and they are featured in the SyFy Network show "Ghosthunters". Heather, Devin and I are avid fans of the show, and Heather has met Steve G., as you may recall.
So we jumped in the van and drove over there to sit outside with my sister and watch and wait to see who came out. Yes, clearly stalker behavior.
When the man and woman came out (one who we think is a camera man, the woman we've seen on the show before) we thought, oh why not, let's just take this a step further. So rather than being rational human beings and walking up and saying "Hi, we're fans of the show", we, well, stalked them. We followed them onto the highway, through the streets of Hartford to a local hotel. For the record, I make a LOUSY tail. My future as a PI is highly unlikely.
A friend of my sister's texts her and says "Hey, heard they're shooting at the Mark Twain house tonight." So, rather than continue waiting outside the hotel we drove over to the MTH to see what was what.
Sad news is we didn't get to see Jason, Grant, Steve, Tango or any of our other GH favs, but I'm pretty confident there is a camera shot of the parking lot from the episode where you see my van going through the parking lot with 4 giant stalkers in it. We're harmless, really.

1 comment:

Deb Hanna said...

great blogging catch up- looks like you and I got struck with the need to catch up the blogs at the same time. I think you guys are pretty funny with the stalking thing.