Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nighttime wanderings

Ok, so in another vain attempt to sleep last night (could have been the sausage and onion pizza we had for dinner since the kitchen is officially torn up and we officially live in what I now refer to as "the dust bowl", or could have been losing sleep over the Red Sox extra innings loss) but either way I was still up at 2:30a.m. watching the 2 final episodes of Sex and the City (my favorite show ever).

Julia, bless her little heart, wakes up usually once a night to go to the bathroom. She gets up, goes and goes right back to sleep. Well, if I see her walk by our door I usually get up to see her. Why intervene with a child that will willingly go back to bed in her own room you ask? Well, she's so darn cute when she's half asleep that I can't help myself.

For example, last night she goes into the bathroom. I walk in and she's in her groggy, half awake state. Her preciously Lamby is on the floor. I grab some tp for her and give her a smooch on the top of her head. She looks at me with little sleepy eyes and says, "Mommy, I LIKE your jammies!" Hysterical. She always has something cute to say and gives me the best half asleep smiles. Who could resist that?

No comments: