Sunday, October 7, 2007

Wishing I Was the Roadrunner

So, I'm looking out the back window today and see something that looks like a very beat up fox walking through our back yard. I realized the legs were too long and the tail too thin to be a fox. It was a coyote! In the suburbs? So, after a frantic call to our neighbors (it was headed their way) who have two little girls and a small dog I realized Oreo was outside. Still haven't seen him appear yet, but he's pretty smart. Called animal control (worried that it shouldn't be either here, or out during daylight - rabies?) and they sent me to the local PD. The dispatcher laughed and asked if I'd taken a picture. Apparently this isn't a big deal, even in the 'burbs.

2 comments:

Deb Hanna said...

ACK! I am with you, pretty nerve racking. have you seen Oreo since?

Kelly H. said...

Oreo is safe, I repeat, Oreo is safe. Sadly, we can't coax Max out there...:P