Saturday, January 26, 2008

Generations Hand Photo


A friend of mine asked me if I wouldn't mind taking some "hand photos" while her mom and grandmother were in town. Cool idea, I thought. So, with her, her mom, her grandma and her two boys, here's my favorite from the day. Her grandmother saw a photo on the internet somewhere (God bless her!) and wanted to try and replicate it. This was not one like the internet shot, but one I wanted to try out. Taken with the 50mm prime for those of you who will be curious about that...

3 comments:

Deb Hanna said...

GORGEOUS! how are you liking the 50? I bet they were thrilled.

Kelly H. said...

Thanks. Love the 50 but still need practice. Half the pictures I took were on diff planes of focus and it really shows. I can see why it takes a long time to nail the focus.

Deb Hanna said...

close up your aperture for a picture like this with such a large area of focus. 3.5-5 would work I think. go wide open for practice shots to learn, but close it up when it counts. I RARELY shoot at 1.8, especially with kids, I need to have some wiggle room.