Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!






I trust everyone had a happy New Year and Happy Merry Chrismahannuqwansica?? Good, good. I've been neglecting my blog (and sooooo many other things) mostly because Santa spoiled me rotten and got me a new computer for Christmas. So, with the joy of a faster processor and a 500 Gig external hard drive for all my photos comes the sad reality of moving everything from one thing to another. but, it only took me a week and I didn't have to pay someone to do it, so bonus all around.


Christmas was, well, busy. I'd be lying if I said 2007 would go down as my favorite Christmas season ever. Too much to do and the joy, though periodically present, seemed harder to find. Everyone seemed to be "downsizing" their Christmases this year and I don't know why I didn't jump in on that. But, there were some wonderful thing that happened and some very cherished memories, so that makes it worth it.


Bottom line is that one of my 2008 resolutions will be to start all of my knitting now. I think that will help.


One of the best things to happen this past week was that I finally became an Aunt!! Little Eli Joshua was born a few days after X-Mas to Josh and Trish (Neil's step-sister). He's waaay cute and you do forget how little they are. He's exactly the same size Devin was at birth, but I really don't remember them being that little. There is finally someone in the world that will be calling me "Auntie Kelly". Yeah!!


We had a nice visit with John and Libby this past week. We got to check out the new sushi restaurant in WH Center. In a word, yum. My only beef was that the acoustics are terrible and I felt like I couldn't hear a thing (though I do have issues hearing in places with lots of backround noise). The food was incredible. If your wallet is feeling up to it I HIGHLY recommend the toro tartar or the toro jalapeno if they have it. Heaven.


Spent a wonderful New Year's eve with friends old and new at the home of our friends Ellen and John in town. There were 5 couples, with kids, and most of us made it to midnight. I need to get pix of their oldest son's room, LOVE how Ellen decorated it.


Many more things to write and tell, but I'll save it for a rainy day. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2008!!

3 comments:

Bec Odell said...

Happy New Year! I swear every year that we will downsize and commit to less - some years it works, some years it doesn't. Working at the mall with Dee actually helped a lot this year. Seems like all sorts of stuff came up on Thursdays that I got to say no to. Tried to commit to simpler stuff at the kids schools too. I hear you about working to find the joy though. Is it me, or does time just seem to go faster now too? Must be getting old... Looking forward to 2008. I feel like we're on the cusp of change and that's kind of exciting. Big school aged kids, some long overdue house renovations, who knows what other fun things...

Deb Hanna said...

oooh can't wait to see newborn pics. lots of ideas if you want them. best to get there in the first week....

Kelly H. said...

No, no, fairly out of focus newborn snaps at the hospital, nothing fancy.