Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nine?
















Well, the last single digit birthday for Dev has come and gone. Hard to believe my "baby" is 9? He'd be horrified if he heard me call him that. I'll also share another funny story from Halloween. I was on the door while Neil and the kids trick or treated. Three girls rang the bell, cute costumes, candy handed out etc. When I hear..."Tell Devin we said hello!" I looked a little harder at the girls and realized I knew 2 of them from Dev's school. A few giggles followed as I stood stunned at the door. Has this already started?? Ack, I just sprouted another gray hair.










But, back to the birthday boy...we divorced ourselves from the whole election night and held his family party last night. It was really a lot of fun. It's the kind of night that I hope my kids will remember from childhood. A whole mess of family sitting around a big table, laughing and enjoying each other. Devin was in his glory. My Mom ordered the BEST cake for him. It's an Indiana Jones cake with the boulder that actually rolls down. Little frosting "vines" were swirled all over it. It could be the best birthday cake I've seen. Devin even had a few bites, which I consider tremendous progress for the boy who's been having some allergy related anxiety over food. All in all a great day!

No comments: