Friday, January 9, 2009

For Bec


Since Santa didn't bring it for me under the tree...I bought it for myself!!! I also ordered the very cool floating strap for it too.
What is it?? It's a waterproof (up to 11 feet) impact resistant (up to 6 feet, perfect for me I'm short) camera. It takes photos and video (like what you see here on Bec's blog). And the picture quality is pretty amazing. Far better than any underwater camera I've ever seen.
As you can see Devin and Emma had a blast with this in the pool one night.
I was going to beg Bec to borrow hers for the cruise and then I thought...every vacation we take involves water: Maine, Florida, cruise, lake. Why not get one for us to have all the time? Plus it's not hard to talk me into getting another camera!
I'm sooooo stoked about this camera. We only signed up for one excursion on the cruise - to go snorkeling in St. John's. How sweet will this camera be for that?? And in the Mickey pool, and going to see the Flying Dutchman...endless possibilities. AND I don't have to worry about lugging around the "good" camera the whole time.

2 comments:

Bec Odell said...

Hurray!!! Deb and I were just wondering if Santa brought you a water cam... You totally would have been welcome to borrow mine. (It doesn't see the light of day 9 months a year) But how fun to have your own. Can't wait to see Disney Cruise pics. And of course all the OBX picture opportunities!! Did you order a bigger memory card? I think it has some sort of internal memory that holds like 3 pictures. And don't lose the cord that comes with it. It's not a normal USB thingy. Unless yours is new and improved!

Kelly H. said...

The chord looks like a normal USB but I'll have to inspect more closely. I did order a 2GB card to go with. I know how many pictures I like to take!!