Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Stipa!!
















We had a somewhat early birthday celebration for my Dad this past Thursday. We were headed to the Winefest this weekend, so they were kind enough to move up the party so we could be there!
Mom made a banging pasta dish with meatballs and garlic bread. We were all in a carbo-loving haze. It was fabulous (want the recipe, Mom!!). Dad is usually the cook (and a darn good one too).
Heather came up with the idea to get Dad an iPod Shuffle since he was planning to start walking on the indoor track at the gym. I thought getting it engraved would be fun, so that's what we did. He loved it. Now he can listen to Celtic Woman all he wants!
After the carbo-delight dinner we had a cake that looked just like a donut. Isn't it funny? It was DELICIOUS!!
I had to put up the picture of the Christmas tree. Not only is it funny that it's still up on January 15th (3 weeks after Christmas - even the wise men are gone by now) but the reason it is was pretty funny too and I had forgotten about it. My parents got a faux tree this year. It's pre-lit, so when they plugged it in it was, well, eye-piercingly bright. Whatever white bulbs they put in this tree can be viewed from space, I swear. It was so painful that my Dad has been painstakingly replacing many of the bulbs, by hand, with multi-colored ones. He's not finished yet (the whole front of the tree facing the street is still eye-scorching white) which is why it's still up. I think they should just leave it up! Dad agrees since this is just the "winter house" now!

No comments: