Thursday, September 18, 2008

Beach Bonfire






As my parents spent the whole summer in Maine this year they both decided to "get jobs". They felt they wanted to give something back, so they both took volunteer jobs in the area. Dad took his handyman skills and volunteers at the Wildlife Center. Mom took her compassion and insurance knowledge and got two jobs. One at the local food pantry, and one at a urologists office (whole bunches of material here, let me tell you).


At the end of the summer the food pantry threw a big fundraiser at the beach. There was food, music, raffles and a huge bonfire. It was a pretty cool idea.


My sister was all about trying to win the signed Curt Schilling baseball in the raffle. I warned them that THE luckiest person alive, my husband, would be in attendance and ALWAYS wins something. This is something I tend to envy since I am consistently the most UN-lucky person ever. True to form, I won nothing, Heather didn't win the baseball, and Neil won a gift card to the local florist. It's just crazy.


The kids and Auntie Heather had a blast dancing around. Even Mom got Dad up to dance. I was feeling fairly grouchy and didn't want to dance, but it was cool to watch the fire and see the kids having fun.

2 comments:

Bec Odell said...

That looks like so much fun. We are a family of firebugs... Why were you grouchy?

Kelly H. said...

No explanation. Hormones?