Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Few Maine Shots






Apologies up front for the crappy quality photos as they were taken on the Crackberry. Convenient, but it ain't no Canon.


We spent the last of what I've decided was a very busy summer up in Maine relishing in the quiet-ness of it. A few decidedly funny moments, some captured, some not. (My sister, "June" and I both thought we were hallucinating the same bat at Inn on The Blues. Sadly, no photos of that particular moment...)


We went kayaking, Letterboxing, saw the USS Albacore and got eaten alive by the most ferocious mosquitoes I've ever seen. We're talking mid-day, high noon feast on Kelly. I'm still itchy.
Finally got Devin to wear his Camp Tadma t-shirt. His insistence that he loved camp seemed out of whack with his lack of desire to wear the shirt. I'm still a tad skeptical.
Next up, Julia on the deck playing with a caterpillar we found - very fuzzy!! She loved his sticky feet on her arms.
Walking back from the lighthouse the kids were hot and saw the sprinkler. One of those "best Mom EVER" moments when I said "yes", they could go in and get wet.
The now beached USS Albacore. My claustrophobic self can't imagine 85 people living on that. Gives me the willies.
Last, my favorite shot of the whole weekend. It's out own "Where's Waldo" photo. Yes, my sister is under that pile of kids in there somewhere. Call her "June", she likes it. :)

No comments: