Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Hole Truth






Ok, later than I'd hoped, but a story needing telling, none the less.


Outer Banks (yeah yeah, I know, you're getting sick of it). Marc A. Hanna is not only the king of the snow sculpture, but creater of sand holes as well.


You're thinking, "Yeah, so I dig holes at the beach too, big deal." Well, have you ever dug holes so large that random people kept walking by and finally mustered the courage to photograph your hole?? I'll bet not. It required steps to get out of it. No joke.


Marc brings the heavy artillery with him to the beach. No sissy plastic shovels for him. (This is about where Devin would jump in and yell "MAN SCOUTS"- a camp thing apparently.) The men took turns digging the various holes that were created. When the kids were small, it contained them for beach play. Now, I think it's more for the men, but the kids LOVED the holes. Marc backed this one up against the incoming tide and sat in it while "awaiting the breach". Good stuff.


Which brings me to the last great hole, the one so big Marc put the whole beach umbrella in it. This was the award winning - stealth photographer - random people coming up to it to gawk - hole. I think it speaks for itself (now that I've talked you to death.)

No comments: